Act 91 FAQs: Tools and Templates for Resumption of Jurisdiction
This FAQ represents the interpretation of Juvenile Law Center. We will update this FAQ as we learn new information, so please check back frequently for updates. For more information, please contact Jenny Pokempner at Juvenile Law Center at (215) 625-0551, ext. 111., or [email protected].
What tools has Juvenile Law Center developed to assist with the resumption of jurisdiction/re-entry process?
The following revised tools are available on Juvenile Law Center’s website:
- Eligibility screening tool for resumption of jurisdiction for the children and youth agency, providers, and advocates
- Brochures for Youth: "Know Your Rights: Extended Foster Care and Re-Entry in PA" and "Know Your Rights: A Brochure for Youth in Foster Care in Pennsylvania"
- Sample Voluntary Placement Agreement for Youth Seeking Resumption of Jurisdiction
- Sample Youth Request to Resume Jurisdiction and Verification, with instructions
- Sample Motion to Resume Jurisdiction and Verification For Attorneys for the Youth and County Children and Youth Agencies
- Motion for Resumption of Jurisdiction—Scheduling Order for Hearing
- Proposed Orders and Findings Following a Hearing on a Motion to Resume Jurisdiction
- Sample Verification to Accompany Motion to Resume Jurisdiction
Note that Juvenile Law Center will continue to revise and update these tools. Please check our Fostering Connections - Implementation Tools webpage for any updates and the most recent versions of these materials.
What templates has the Administrative Office for the Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC) developed?
The AOPC has developed this sample Motion for Resumption of Jurisdiction.