Terms and Conditions
I. YOUR ACCEPTANCE:
Juvenile Law Center may, at its sole discretion and without notice, modify any of the Terms and Conditions as well as any other policies related to the Site. Nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits or to establish any third party beneficiary relationship.
Juvenile Law Center reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice, and you agree to be bound by such modification. Accordingly, you should periodically review the most recent version of these Terms and Conditions.
II. SERVICE AND CONTENT
The Site provides the ability to view content, including, but not limited to, any text, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through or contribute to the Site (hereinafter “Content”).
The Site and design of the Site are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. The Site is owned by Juvenile Law Center and except for Your Content (as defined in Section III) and unless specifically stated or otherwise indicated, all Content including, but not limited to trademarks, logos, trade names, text, data, messages, pictures, images, video, audio, graphics, data compilations, icons, and code is the property of Juvenile Law Center and protected by intellectual property laws.
Juvenile Law Center does not represent that the Content it provides on the Site is completely accurate or error free, and therefore you should rely on the Content at your own risk. Any use of the Site or its Content other than for the uses allowed in these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to other non-private, commercial purposes, is prohibited.
The Site is intended for adults 18 years of age or older. By using or accessing the Site, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. Juvenile Law Center makes no representation that the Site is appropriate or available for use, viewing or access in any specific country or that the Site complies with all foreign laws, so those who access or use the Site do so at their own risk and are responsible for complying with applicable local and foreign laws.
This Website may contain advertisements and links to third party sites (“Third Party Websites”). Juvenile Law Center is not responsible for, and has no control over, Third Party Websites. Third Party Websites are governed by their own user agreements and privacy policies.
III. LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information provided on the Site does not represent an offer to provide legal services or advice, nor should any information provided on the Site be interpreted by you as providing legal advice. The Content is intended for general informational purposes only, and you should consult an attorney if you have any specific legal questions.
The information provided on the Site is not privileged and does not create an attorney-client relationship with Juvenile Law Center. The Site is not an offer to represent you. You should not act or refrain from acting based upon any information on the Site. Do not send Juvenile Law Center confidential information until you speak with one of our attorneys and receive authorization to send that information to us.
IV. INTERACTIVE PORTIONS OF THE SITE
The Site may contain message boards, blog commentary or other message or communication facilities. Juvenile Law Center does not own any Content submitted by you when using these features (“Your Content”). You retain all of your ownership rights in Your Content. However, By submitting Your Content to the Site you grant Juvenile Law Center a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform Your Content. You also grant each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access Your Content through the Site. In addition:
- You warrant and affirm that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish the Content you submit to the Site.
- You agree that you will not submit Content that contains third party copyrighted material unless you have obtained express written permission from the third parties.
- You agree that you will not submit Content that is intended to harass or otherwise oppress any specific individual(s), or has the effect of doing so.
- You agree that you will not submit Content that is, or may otherwise be construed as, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise illegal.
- You agree not to attempt to hack into or bypass any security features of the Site, or any Juvenile Law Center computers, servers, systems, hardware or software.
- You agree not to submit any Content that could destroy, damage or impair the Site, or any computers, systems, hardware or software used by Juvenile Law Center or users of the Site.
- You agree that Juvenile Law Center has the right, but not the obligation, to remove any Content posted by you that violates, in Juvenile Law Center’s sole discretion, the Terms and Conditions.
V. REPORTING INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
To report Content that you believe is inappropriate or in violation of these Terms and Conditions, please e-mail us at [email protected].
VI. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTIFICATION:
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and specifically 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(3), you may submit written notification of copyright infringement to Juvenile Law Center’s Copyright Agent. Such notification must include at least the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Juvenile Law Center to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Juvenile Law Center to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by its copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
A notification of claimed copyright infringement must be provided in writing to Juvenile Law Center’s designated agent. The designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) is:
Kauthar Rahman, COO
1800 JFK Blvd., #1900B
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Fax: (215) 625-2808
Email: [email protected]
VII. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER:
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. JUVENILE LAW CENTER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. JUVENILE LAW CENTER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE(S) THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. JUVENILE LAW CENTER DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING USE, OR THE RESULT OF USE, OF THE SITE AND CONTENT IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. THE SITE AND CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND JUVENILE LAW CENTER MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU, AND NOT JUVENILE LAW CENTER, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE AND CONTENT. JUVENILE LAW CENTER MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH SITE AND CONTENT.
VIII. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, JUVENILE LAW CENTER AND ITS MANAGERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, AGENTS, AND ATTORNEYS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SITE; AND (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT JUVENILE LAW CENTER HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Juvenile Law Center, its managers, members, employees, licensors, suppliers, agents, and attorneys from any and all claims and causes of action related to or arising out of Content you submit to the Site, your use of the Site, your violation of any laws, and any claim that you caused damage or otherwise harmed a third party. This provision shall survive the Terms and Conditions and your use of the Site.
X. VENUE AND CHOICE OF LAW:
You agree that the law of the State of Pennsylvania will govern any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action between Juvenile Law Center and yourself. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, a state court located in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, or the federal court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Juvenile Law Center may seek injunctive or other equitable relief to protect its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Effective Date of Current Policy: November 30, 2011.