Health Care and Insurance for Youth in Care
This fact sheet answers questions like:
- What medical insurance can I get when I am discharging from the foster care system?
- Where can I get free or low-cost medical care if I don’t have insurance?
- What health care can I get on my own without adult permission when I am under age 18?
- Where can I get confidential STD and HIV/AIDS testing and services?
- Where can I get drug and alcohol treatment on my own without an adult?
- Where can I get counseling about reproductive health and family planning?