Reproductive Rights for Females Who Are Minors in Pennsylvania
This fact sheets answers questions like:
- Do minors need the consent of their parent or guardian to get birth control, pregnancy tests, testing for Sexually Transmitted Diseases or HIV?
- Can a pregnant teen consent to medical treatment?
- If a teenage girl does not want to carry her pregnancy to term, can she have an abortion without her parents’ involvement?
- Can a teen’s parent force her to have an abortion?
- Does the father of the child have any say in whether or not the baby’s mother chooses an abortion?
- What should a pregnant teen do if she is interested in having her baby adopted?
- After adoption, can the teen parent have any contact with the child?
- Can teenagers place their children for adoption without their own parent’s permission?
- Can a teenager’s parent force her to place her child for adoption?