Applying for College or the Military with a Juvenile Record in Pennsylvania
This fact sheet answers questions like:
- Can colleges or the military find out if I have a juvenile record?
- Does having a juvenile record mean I am not eligible for certain colleges or training programs?
- How do I answer if a college or trade school application asks me if I have ever been convicted of a crime?
- How do I answer if a college or trade school application asks me if I have ever been adjudicated delinquent?
- How do I answer the question on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that asks about drug convictions if I was adjudicated delinquent for a drug offense as a juvenile?
- Can having a juvenile record be a barrier to enlisting in the military?
- If I really want to enlist in the military, is there anything I can do if the military says my juvenile record is standing in the way of my enlistment?