45th Anniversary & Leadership Prize Celebration
In light of the current situation we as a community face with COVID-19, we postponed our 45th Anniversary & Leadership Prize Celebration originally scheduled for May 14th. The new date is October 8th, 2020.
We take the health and well-being of our community very seriously. We look forward to celebrating our outstanding prize winners Stephen K. Harper, Sherry Lachman, and Shannan Wilber, and continue to be inspired by their leadership and vision for youth in the child welfare and justice systems.
This crisis has an impact on everyone, but youth in the child welfare and justice systems face unique challenges. We continue to fight for them amidst the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Thank you so much for your understanding and ongoing support.
Stephen K. Harper
Join us on October 20 at the National Constitution Center as we celebrate winners of the 2020 Leadership Prize: Stephen K. Harper, assistant clinical professor at the Florida International University College of Law; Sherry Lachman, Founder and Executive Director of Foster America; and Shannan Wilber, Youth Policy Director at National Center for Lesbian Rights. We're thrilled to welcome guests from across the country to support this year's winners!
2020 Leadership Prize Selection Committee
- R. Daniel Okonkwo, Chair; Vice President, JPMorgan Chase Corporate Responsibility and Office of Nonprofit Engagement
- Kate Burdick, Senior Attorney, Juvenile Law Center
- Brandon Buskey, Deputy Director for Smart Justice Litigation, ACLU Criminal Law Reform Project
- Emily Buss, Board Member; Mark and Barbara Fried Professor of Law, University of Chicago
- Jasmine Moore, Youth Advocacy Alumni Fellow, Juvenile Law Center
- Nicole Pittman, 2019 Leadership Prize Winner, Roadmap Initiative
45th Anniversary & Leadership Prize Host Committee
- Khaliah Ali Wertheimer, Chair
- Michael Didier
- Shyara Hill
- Abd’allah Lateef
- Bernie Munley
- Suzanne Meiners-Levy
- Julia Pudlin
- Ann Rosewater and Robert Kronley
- Dan and Sheila Segal
Join Us As A Distinguished Sponsor
Help honor, build and sustain the field of child advocacy with Juvenile Law Center for years to come.
Your generous support is more important now than ever, as we respond to new challenges and threats to many hard-won reforms for youth. Recognizing and honoring the trailblazers among us is critical to creating and sustaining a better world for our youth. Sponsorship begins at $2,500. Sponsorship's of $10,000 or more may be fulfilled across multiple years.
Click here for our sponsor form or call Rosie McNamara-Jones at (215) 625-0551 x118.
Program Book Ad or Tribute To Honor The 2020 Winners
Place an ad or special message to honor the 2020 winners in our program book. Use the registration form or contact us directly to secure your program space by September 18th . Click here to see our Ad Book specifications.
- Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event? Ages 12 and up. Guests under the age of 21 will not be served alcohol.
- What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? Click here for directions, transportation and parking at the National Constitution Center.
- Hotel information: We have booked a block of rooms for out-of-town guests at the Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District (400 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106). Double and Deluxe King rooms are available for $209, plus taxes. To book, call the hotel at 1-267-765-3345 and ask for Juvenile Law Center 45th Anniversary & Leadership Prize. The reservation deadline is September 16, 2020.
- Is this a formal/black-tie event? No. Please wear whatever makes you feel ready to celebrate with us!
- Who do I contact for questions? Please contact Rosie McNamara-Jones at (215) 625-0551 x 118 or email@example.com.
- Do I have to bring a ticket to the event? We do not have tickets for this event. Please simply check in at the the door when you arrive.
- Is my RSVP/Admission transferrable? Yes, but please let us know who will come in your place so we have their name at the door.
- Is my payment for this event tax deductible? Juvenile Law Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. If you attend the event, the amount of your contribution in excess of $75 per attendee is tax deductible. If you do not attend the event, your contribution is fully tax deductible. A copy of Juvenile Law Center's official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
About The Leadership Prize
Juvenile Law Center’s Leadership Prize recognizes outstanding individuals working in any field—law, government, the arts, media, entertainment, sports, business, or any other sector—who are fighting for the rights and well-being of youth in the child welfare and justice systems. Awardees have achieved lasting change either through a lifetime of work on behalf of youth, a landmark contribution to the field of children’s rights, or exceptional efforts to shine a light on the most important issues affecting youth today. Nominations for next year will open in September 2021.